Dear Humanitarian Day (HDAY) Volunteers and Community…
This time last year the Covid-19 pandemic interrupted our lives, education, and work efforts, yet, the I.L.M. Foundation (ILM) continued to provide services to those suffering from homelessness. During 2020, ILM’s work and its network provided essential items for those living without housing. Due to ILM’s relationships and reputation of serving those in need and we stepped into the gap and our services were deemed “essential.” The Covid-19 pandemic pushed us to expand our humanitarian efforts beyond our traditional HDAY event.
Essential Action taken during 2020’s pandemic:
- Collaborated with the Los Angeles Mayor’s Office, United Way and Social Model to create 10 stipend jobs for the Skid Row Brigade (SRB). SRB assignment was to observe and report the condition of hygiene stations in Downtown LA issued by the Mayor’s Office.
- Organized with community partners multiple online actions in solidarity against the murders of Ahmad Abery, Breona Taylor, and George Floyd. Our efforts were in collaboration with Islah LA and PICO California grassroots’ leaders; from Los Angeles, Fresno, Oakland, and San Francisco.
- Raised $3,000 for equipment to support online education for students.
We also expanded our services this past winter year to include support for the unhoused community, a few of our efforts included:
- Provided 2 transitional homes and a food pantry with hygiene products.
- Distributed 3,000 Hygiene wipes and 3,000 blankets in San Bernardino, DTLA, Compton, Long Beach and South Los Angeles.
- Provided 6 encampments and the unhoused residents with rain gear.
- Setup PPE stations in DTLA and Compton, so locals could receive clean masks and warm pre-owned jackets.
Major Love and Appreciation to CAIR-LA and Muslim Public Affairs Council for acknowledging our work ~ Thank you!
Humanitarian Day Action!
Save the Date May 1, 2021 (Please share flyer)
We chose an open-air venue, for a mindful and safe event. The Islamic Center of Santa Ana at 1601 East First Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
Assembly of Gift Bags: 11am – 2pm
(((Watch))) this year’s service model HDAY 2017 . We will assemble essential gift bags, and simply deliver essential items on Sunday, May 2nd like #AmazonPrime.
If you would like to serve as a sponsor by making a financial donation gift, please click donation button below or contact I.L.M. Foundation h d @ ilmercy.com (no spaces) “Thank You for An Opportunity to Serve!”