Thank You for An Opportunity to Serve!
The ILM Foundation and the Coalition to Preserve Human Dignity held the 16th Annual Humanitarian Day and its Weekend events throughout Northern and Southern California (July 10-12th.) Together we encoutered some incredible stories, gain a sense for more social responsibility, and hopefully made a transformational difference in the lives of others.
Muslim communities and its interfaith partners during the month of Ramadan exemplified Dignity, Love, and Respect towards our homeless community members. Examinations were provided by the UMMA Community Clinic, Alta Med, and Dental Care for Children; as they performed much needed medical screenings. Thank you Orange County Islamic Foundation, for your support and guidance which is graciously appreciated. At the end of the day, the following organizations have made an impact…
- Hearts of Mercy
- Qureshey Foundation
- Will and Jada Smith Foundation
- HDAY International
- Access California
- California Community Fund
- IIOC, ISOC, ICOI, ICSC, ICSB, ICSGV, Masjid Ibaadillah, Masjid Al Shareef, Masjid Taqwa of Pasadena, La Canada Muslim Community, Hawthorne Commuity
- Asian Americans Advancing Jusctice
- Center for Religion Civic Culture
- American Muslim Civic Leadership Institute
- Sahaba Initative
- The Rizwana-Murad Collaboration and Friends
- MU’EED Inc
- Church of Later Day Saints
- New Ground: Muslim-Jewish Partnership for Change
- LA Voice
- OGs N’ Services
- Van Nuys Muslim Youth Group
- One Medium
- Dental Care for Children, Alta Med, and BuenaStar
- MPAC and CAIR_LA
- The City of Los Angeles, Human Relations, and the Office of Jose Huizar
- Los Angeles Police Department and Community Outreach
- Boeing Communnity Fund
- Why Islam?
- Sabil for Fresh Foods
In the Qu’ran it says, “Establish weight with justice And fall not short in the balance.” (55:9) This coalition keeps one another accountable and motivates a display of goodness, based on good personal and Islamic moral principles.
Humanitarian Day is an effort made by volunteers, orgaanizations, and institutions who share their time and resources for Humanitarian Day projects. We are grateful to have “ready to serve” partners who care about people, year after year.
May the Most Merciful accept our efforts and grant us all health, security, and protection (afiyah) amin.
Respectfully the ILM Foundation, thank you very much!